Thursday, January 24, 2008

American Idol vs. DSDS

As you can see in my iPod list I really like the band Daughtry in the moment. I heard one of their songs on the radio and my first thought was something like "Oh cool, Nickelback released a new album", but well, obviously it was not Nickelback. Only later I found out that this band was formed by (or around) a guy that took part in American Idol, and I have to say that, comparing this album to ANY album that came from one of the guys that took part in DSDS, the German version of American Idol, I am impressed about the quality of the songs. Ok, they are not the most original songs (as I said, I thought it would be Nickelback), and by now I also know that guys from Nickelback, 3 Doors Down or Matchbox 20 were hired as songwriters, but I don't really care, a good song is a good song and I would love to hear more stuff like that, no matter if the bands come from casting shows or not.